Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

We have had a great week beginning with going to visit Coco and Company in the Texas hill country. My camera batteries were dead so I don't have any pictures to post but we had a fabulous time. Her kids Bram and Tessie Mayes are gorgeous and lots of fun. We went to the famous Bluebonnet Cafe for breakfast that was amazing and to the strawberry patch to pick strawberries...they were amazing.

It has been a busy week and today in observance of Good Friday we didn't have school. We didn't really have school on Monday and Tuesday but we had and up close and personal Texas geography lesson. Sydney did play her "learn math" game on her DS if that counts! She does better with geometry than addition. We hope to go for another visit soon as well as my relatives who live in East Texas. I may take her to Nacogdoches to see where mommy went to college but I will have to do that before summer gets here because I can't stand the hot humid weather. I stayed and worked one summer and it was pure misery. Plus it's a college town and the summer months don't offer a whole lot of fun.

Tomorrow is our church's Easter Egg hunt and that's good because the weather will be stormy on Easter and there won't be much hunting going on unless it's indoors. It will be the first holiday in a while that I am not recovering from surgery...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment