Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kitchen Remodel

Here are the before and after photos of our kitchen remodel. I hated my old kitchen. It is still small but much more functional and way prettier than the old days. New appliances, sink, granite, tumbled marble back splash, black granite sink, new tile floor, removed part of a wall, added recessed lighting, new custom made (by Jason) cabinets except for pantry and top cabinets on one side, under cabinet lights. Jason just built new doors so you can't tell...oh and he removed the dreaded scallop detail at the bottom of the cabinets.  

 We had the wall area where the oven is removed and made into a breakfast bar.



 TA-DA!

 Much better? Under the bar area on this side of the stove, Jason added deep drawers...where I keep my utensils, pots, pans, baking pans and cookie sheets...all have their own drawer. You can see our hardwood stacked in the dining room ready to go in next week!
 New matching refrigerator...
 Gorgeous granite sink and check out that back splash!
The stove was a big splurge...GE Profile but our neighborhood appliance store blew every one's pricing out of the water! The microwave and dishwasher are not new but they match and work well (after a little tweaking from Jason).

 This is my coffee/hot chocolate bar...see, coffee, hot chocolate packets and marshmallows! I am about to change this out to tea bags and crystal light packages for warmer months...
 Pantry cabinet detail...
As you can imagine we are thrilled with the transformation. Next up the laundry room! It is finished and the new hot water tank went in yesterday!

Linking up to Savvy Southern Style Wow Us Wednesday and Remodelaholic

20 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great transformation! You now have a beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks completely fabulous and wow... talk about flashback. Growing up we had those same vinyl butcher-block inspired counter-tops!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a beautiful space. Can't wait to see your next project.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your remodeled kitchen is fabulous. I know you'll enjoy working in there. My sister-in-law has the same range as you; hers was delivered today to her new house. (I was a little envious!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You completely transformed this space into one that is light and bright and cheerful. My sister is starting her own kitchen makeover and I need to send her over here to check out yours! :-) Thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, do you love it?!!! love what you chose. That sink and faucet are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference the lighter cabinets make...it looks bigger! Great job! You'll really enjoy your kitchen more now! What's cookin'?! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Big change!!! love the back splash and sink!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous renovation!!!! You did a fantastic job.. and yes, this kind of stuff takes a long time..and a lot of stress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful transformation. I have the same sink and love it. Had a white porcelain one before and it was scratched up. Can't scratch this one. Thanks for joining WUW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan!! I love love love it!!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a reason I don't show my laundry room. It is the PITTS!!! It is getting ready to be painted and transformed I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! What a transformation! It's nice to see how "my" backsplash will looks when its done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. After waiting so long, I bet every time you are in your kitchen it just makes you happy. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Your kitchen turned out great! You must love working in there now! Even though I have a large kitchen, I still think nothing functions as well as a galley kitchen. The house I grew up in had a galley and everything was in reach...biggest challenge is counter space but I think even in large kitchens it's a problem. Sounds silly, I know, but I find that everyone just piles their stuff on the counters when you have the space so you have to clear stuff away before you can use it! Anyway...I'm rambling...fantastic remodel! Glad you asked me to come by and take a peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are amazing and Beautiful job! I love everything you did and your style is perfect. thanks for sharing
    Remodel My Kitchen
    Kitchen Remodel Planner

    ReplyDelete