Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas!

So much for my posting every day in November! It has been busy around here. We finished up with school Friday and Saturday was Sydney's Christmas dance recital. Anyway, the tree is up and decorated but the middle section of lights went out and I am not taking it apart. My tree is 26 years worth of decorations and it is quite the collection...very eclectic...see what I mean..

A Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer that my daughter made.

 I found out I was pregnant in December 1999 and a dear friend gave me this Old World ornament to commemorate a special time in my life and of course Y2K..

 This is one of a set of 2 ornaments my paternal grandparents gave me many years ago. The mate was broken several years ago.

 I bought these plastic crystal ornaments in 1985 on a shopping trip with my new step-daughter Courtnay who was 6 at the time. She picked these out and every year I remember the fun time we had. She and I took to each other immediately.

I just had to include Jack! I have a couple of these but this one is my favorite...makes me smile. I'm sure that my mother is proud!

 These are the Justin ropers my husband bought when we first married...Sydney loves these boots.

 Red berries hanging from the copper on my pot rack...


My Southern living tree on top of a little quilt my grandmother made when she was in her mid-eighties. It is also covering up the table that I have half way started to refinish.Both of my grandmothers were excellent seamstresses but my mother's mom, had arthritis in her hands and she had to give it up but she was very talented. I will share my baby dress someday but I'm not sure if the detail will show up.

That's about  it. We have plans to get together with our friends "The Andersons" tomorrow for a little gift exchange and to watch polar express and drink hot chocolate...should be fun. Thursday is Chuck E. Cheese with Taryn, her sister Holyn and her sweet mama Jessica.

Linking with Wow Us Wednesdays

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the special ornaments and meaning behind them. Beautiful. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, ornaments are so much better when they're meaningful.

    http://hayleyiraina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete