Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kids Fashion...a.k.a. I don't get out much!

Yesterday, I made a quick trip to Dillards to get stockings for my daughter.  I found lots of things I was not expecting! I want to start by saying Sperry Top-Siders are back in a big way! I had heard this last year but didn't give it much thought. Let's just say they are not your mother's top-siders from the eighties either...or from when I was in college in the early eighties.  Dillards has 70 styles of top-siders just in the children's department.  Here are a few...



 I bought these cute leopard shoes for Sydney...aren't they cute! 
Hard to tell in the photo but they also have sequins!
I also  found these darling jeans and I thought how cute! Then I looked at the tag...$76.00 for girls jeans.Seriously, people really buy these? I think the most expensive jeans Sydney ever owned either came from Gap or Gymboree. These are blue jeans people! Is it just me or is this pure insanity?


I did find a great deal on socks for me though. I got 3 pair for 7.50! Never got the stockings I went in after because they were out. So I guess she will be wearing Wal-Mart specials!

Tomorrow is our annual Daddy/Daughter date night at our church. We bought Sydney a dress for Christmas and a coat. Guess what? We forgot to get tickets until it was sold out! Anyway, I was able to find ticket from a sympathetic friend who as it turns out isn't going. There will be pictures to come early next week.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that those shoes are coming back! I've always love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are super cute! Jeans are so expensive these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 12yo daughter and we always buy from the clearance bins of delias (online). :) i can't believe that clothes are so expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too don't understand why kids clothes are so expensive. Most of our daughter's clothes come from Target, Gap or Zara. She's only 9 months old so I haven't had to truly experience high priced clothing just yet. As for the shoes I love them!

    ReplyDelete