Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dancing Through the Years



Here is Sydney at her first recital in 2007 (kindergarten). This is the year she decided she needed short hair just weeks before the recital.




This is picture day at the studio in 2008 (first grade). That day was all about the makeup!




2009 (second grade) This is tap costume for this year...not my favorite but I love the song and the dance "Turn the Beat Around"


Jazz this year...sorry I was out of focus but I will scan the professional pics when they come in . This is a fun dance a medley of "I Want to be a Cowboy and You Can be my Cowgirl" and Will Smith's "Wild, Wild West". I really love it. They even have a boy in their class who all the girls swoon over...no comment.

I didn't take a picture of Ballet because she wasn't in the costume very long. Ballet is the middle of three costume changes. I am going to be one of the backstage moms responsible for changing tights on 15 wiggling squealing 6-8 year folds. I can hardly wait! If you have ever tried to put tights on a wiggling and sweaty little girl you have not lived! I'm sure there will be fun for everyone. I wish they would let everyone wear the same color tights for all costumes...I would be so happy and life would be complete.

A post about dance would not be complete if I didn't give a shout out to Mrs. Janet, Sydney's teacher. She is sweet and awesome. Not like the cigarette and hairspray wielding Joan that taught me and others in my neighborhood for years. She was five feet tall and 80 Lbs of just plain mean! Am I right Coco?

2 comments:

  1. You are SO right! Joan and her ciggies and can of Spray Net. She was a character for sure.

    I can't wait to put Tess in dance. Just two more years and she will be ready. I would put Bram in but Adam would not have it. He is ALL boy so what't the prob?

    Header looks precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful header! You will have to show me how to do it! Love all the dance pictures...she is really pretty, sometimes I miss how pretty she is when she is putting on the "funk".

    ReplyDelete