Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mainstay Farms...Field Trip!

Last Monday was homeschool day at Mainstay Farms also known as the pumpkin patch...you might notice that I failed to take any pictures of pumpkins which were gorgeous! An interesting view of an old car...show the rest of it later. We are in front of a really nice

Sydney on a fun bench made from tractor seats. We had perfect weather...it is usually a little warm when we have been before!

Another old car was set up for the kids to sign with chalk...I remember those old cars with the dried up finis. Sydney said it had poop in it...I am assuming cats are the culprit.

In addition to being a pumpkin patch (farm), Mainstay also grows Christmas trees and I think bees.

We also took a bumpy hayride but fun as always. The driver does silly things like telling the kids to look out for the bats when we came upon a tree with baseball bats hanging from it and beware of the bees when we saw a tree with wooden letter "B"s hanging from it. 

A three story tree house with several slides. This is at the top of a huge hill at the end of the hay ride. There are picnic tables and a little playground. There is also a 100 foot slide that goes down the other side of the hill.  Sydney took the slide but I walked!


 Sydney was very good for posing for pictures which is unusual...


The other end of that car!

My little ham taking her picture on the ride home.
After we left the farm we high tailed it to Jill's house for a few minutes before she had to run off and pic up her boys at school! Oh well, 20 minutes is better than none! We got together for lunch on Wednesday for lunch with Charlie and Sydney...twice in one week...score!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment....I have a daughter in Ft.Worth who also home schools. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog header! I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your kind comment on my recent post, (re. World Market bottle rack).

    ReplyDelete