Friday, April 17, 2009

Favorite Things Friday

Since my life has been pretty boring lately, I have decided to post about my favorite things. This is also because when I do leave the house, I forget my camera most of the time. When I do remember the camera it seems like the batteries are dead because my daughter uses my camera even though she has one of her own that is even cuter than mine. Here are some pictures of my favorite things around my house.

I love cooking with my daughter Sydney. Here she is making cherry dump cake. It was yummy but I think we need to find a new name for it. My oldest daughter told me that she wouldn't eat anything with the word "dump" in it. I'm sure that those of you who know her aren't surprised.

I love pot roast cooked in the crock pot. You can't see it but there is a roast under all of those carrots and onions.



This china that my Nanny painted for me a few years before she died. I couldn't decide what pattern so I told her to paint an assortment. I also have cups and saucers too. These were done freehand by the way.


This rooster platter. I bought it at Ross for six dollars a couple of years ago. I intended it as a gift for a friend of mine but I loved it so much that I kept it! Can you believe six dollars?



This is my favorite smell in the world. Looking at this picture I think I should scrub my grout A.S.A.P.
My sweet snaggle toothed daughter. Doesn't she have beautiful eyes? No boogers either...makes me proud!

3 comments:

  1. Any cake with that many pats of butter is MY KINDA CAKE!!! I don't care what you call, I'd eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! No boogies!!
    Doesn't your cell phone have a camera?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shocked your oldest won't eat anything with the word "dump" in it. Just shocked! Love me some dump cake. I am going to make that tonight for our Sunday dinner.

    LOVE the plates your grandmother painted. They are gorgeous!

    And pot roast...I might have to make some this week. It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete