Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!





These days we have been going at warp speed around here. I can't believe it's July 4th already. My mind is beginning to wander to curriculum and home school plans for the 09-10 school year. We have a busy, busy weekend planned. We are staying in town but today we go to my dad's house to celebrate my youngest brother Chase's birthday. He is 14! So hard to believe...when he was born you would think none of us had seen a baby before. Actually we hadn't in a very long time...like about 29 years.

Back to today's plans. After dads' we will head over to our friends house for swimming and fireworks and food, food, food. They live about 20 minutes from here and I hope to post pics of Roxanne's garden next week...if I remember to take my camera that is. We know them because this is the home of Sydney's friend Alexa. We met coming up the walk at Trinity Christian Academy the first day of kindergarten. Somewhere I have the cutest picture of them walking hand and hand with their Hello Kitty back packs...so sweet. They had never met before but Sydney asked Alexa "who is your teacher?" and she said Miss Smith...Sydney said "mine too" and they have been friends since. It is a typical girl friendship...you know they have their ups and down but Sydney is a truly loyal friend and that's something I admire about her. I hope she keeps these young friendships forever like my sister Cindy who has several friends from elementary school.

I spent yesterday baking and cooking. I made Chase's birthday cake...German Chocolate. I also made some lemon bars (from a box), peanut butter cookies that are staying home because Alexa is deathly allergic to peanuts. And a to die for sun dried tomato and basil pasta salad from Pioneer Woman. If you have never been to her sight go there now! She is hilarious and has amazing recipes.

I am looking forward to the festivities today. Last year I had a migraine and stayed in bed. Sydney wanted to see the fireworks but opted to stay home with me and instructed her daddy to go film the fireworks...which he did! If you know my husband then you now that isn't the least bit weird!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know your hubby quite well, and fulfilling that request was right up his alley!!

    Love, love, LOVE the new header!! You're getting too crafty on me:-)

    ReplyDelete