Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy Rainy Days




The past few days have been very busy for me. We have had school, cooking, church, play date, lunch date, movie and a little shopping.

Wednesday night we had church which lasts until 8:30. Sydney is in a "silly snacks" class and I am the teacher's helper. We made "slobber gobbers" which consisted of apple slices, peanut butter, icing (optional), raisins, chocolate chips, candy corn and pretzel sticks. The kids loved them and I gagged a couple of times except for the apples, peanut butter and pretzels that is.

Thursday it rained and Sydney had dance and we made sausage balls for the home school co-op general meeting on Friday. Sausage balls are easy and yummy. This is also the first time in my life I made them when it wasn't a holiday. Now on to Friday. We met friends for lunch and then we went to see "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs"! It was a fun and entertaining movie. By the time the movie was over it was around 4:00 and we had to go to Wal-Mart to get containers for the deviled eggs that I was taking to the meeting in addition to sausage balls. I know, I'm not very imaginative but no one else brought deviled eggs...I think that's a first. We had to be at the meeting about 25 minutes away by 6:30. Meeting over around 8:00, kids played around for a while, women cleaned up, men bonded and babies cried. We were on our way home by 8:45 and off to bed. Today is house cleaning catch up day and a visit to the park if the weather holds up.

We are a family of 3 who has to buy ketchup at Sam's. I say that because worlds collide when we run out of the stuff...Rick and I don't really eat it only my daughter. So we will probably be off to Sam's to buy some today as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment