Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Jill!!!

Today is one of my best BFFs fortieth birthday! This year Jill and I will have been friends for 10 years! We met when I was 40 and pregnant. I was one of the PR department’s administrative assistants at Tandy Corporation (Now just RadioShack) and Jill was interviewing for a PR manager position. After 783 interviews they finally hired her! Really I think I saw her more when she was interviewing than after she was hired. I really liked her and thought they should hire her right away before someone else did. Only people in our circle at The Shack could even fathom the ridiculous decision making process that went on in our department. You could always hear the groans from HR when the Communications department put in a new hire requisition...in a word painful.

Sydney was born and 15 months later Jill gave birth to Griffin, the first of 3 beautiful boys!  That's really when our relationship went from professional to personal. You know that bond you instantly have with any other mother when you have a baby. Sydney and Griffin are 15 months apart and consider each other family and Jill, well she's like a sister to me and I love her and her family dearly. I feel like I have benefited the most from this friendship because since Griffin we have added 2 more boys to love and her husband is a jewel...(you may remember when baby Charlie arrived on the scene last July and I am happy to say he is a normal and healthy and happy 6 month old now) .

Beautiful family!


This is probably more information than anyone really wants to know about my best friend but it's my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it is your blog! They are a cute family. Happy Birthday~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the cutest family ever! Happy Birthday Jill. You look FABULOUS at 40!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you made me cry!!! Thank you so much for the beautiful post Susan. I am so blessed to have you, Sydney and Rick in my life. You are truly a lifetime friend, and I will always cherish you. You are like a sister to me, and I love you to pieces!!

    Oh, your sweaty contractor says "Hi" -- he he he. See you Saturday at my big bash :-)

    ReplyDelete