Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010! I haven't posted for a while so here is the run down of the past week and a half...
After all of the parties and recitals and field trips we got down to serious family fun.

Our tree...there are 25 years of ornaments here baby! If you click on the photo below you can see my china on the wall in my dining room...handpainted by my paternal grandmother when she was in her 80s!  I'm very proud of them. I was very lucky to be very close to all of my grandparents...I miss them all so much.  Makes me want to be a better Mama Sue for Michael.



The first whilte Christmas in Fort Worth since 1926! Not a lot but it was fun and so pretty!


Michael our grandson...he looks just like Rick and Annie!


 A special father/daughter Christmas Eve moment...They fell asleep in the chair...they are not posing.  I'm so thankful that our 91/2 year old daughter still loves to sit in our laps and hold hands with us in public.  Each time I wonder how long before this stops...so I treasure each time she grabs my hand at Wal-Mart or at the movies.  So special.


 Santa was good to Sydney this year! She finally got her Wii...lots of other good stuff too!


And her American Girl doll "Chrissa" from her Nana!


We always spend Christmas Eve at my dad's house but due to the snow and icy roads we postponed until the 26th.  It wasn't the same but it was nice and relaxing.


I hope everyone has a happy 2010.  I have made a few goals for this year.  Some of them long term and some immediate:

Fold all of the laundry by the end of today.

Put away all of the Christmas decorations by the end of the week end.

Update my blog more regularly.

Spend more time with my hubby.

Eat more vegetables.

Lose 50 lbs this year...a pound a week...surely I can do that!

Exercise every day...I turn 50 in 2 months and I would like to do it gracefully.

Spend more time reading...my Bible.

Re-model our old house! Stay tuned for that craziness

These are just a few of the things I hope to accomplish this year!  I hope you reach your goals too!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos!! That one of Rick and Syd is priceless. Precious girl.

    Good set of goals for 2010. You can do every one of those!!! I can't wait on remodel updates. Have fun with that!!

    ReplyDelete