Monday, January 4, 2010

Sometime life's most amazing moments just happen...

Today Sydney and I just planned an ordinary day of dr. visits and errands.  We started the day with a dentist appointment (more on that later this week), then buying mom new athletic shoes (not that I am athletic). We stopped in a Chick Fil A and that's where it happened. Sydney ate a little of her lunch and she was in a huge hurry to get into the playroom and play.  When I finished my lunch I looked up (we were sitting right next to the playroom) and saw the sweetest thing.  Sydney was sitting on the bottom of the slide with about 7 kids (everyone) ages 2-6 gathered around her.  I could tell from her expression that she was telling a story and they were hooked.  This went on for the longest time and you could hear a pin drop in that playroom.  Then they moved to another area where I couldn't see so I went in to check and the same crew was snuggled around her and she was reading them a story...just one of those that comes in the kids meal.  She was having the best time and felt so big.  She looked just like a kindergarten teacher in the making.  I'm so glad she likes little kids.  I'm more proud that she takes time for them.

My apologies for the quality of this pic...used my old camera.  There were several more kids back where you can't see them.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how PRECIOUS!!!! LOVE IT. She is getting so confident in her reading and such. This makes my heart happy.

    I put money that she is a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder I love that girl so much. She has such a sweet spirit. I agree with Coco -- elementary ed major here we come!!

    ReplyDelete